Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure which aims to correct the abdomen with excess skin, fat and sagging. The abdominal muscles can also be repaired when weakened and separated.
It is very important to note that abdominoplasty does not replace a healthy diet and an exercise program and is not used as a weight loss alternative. Significant weight change after the procedure, may compromise the result of your liposuction.
When you wish to submit for abdominoplasty there are several criteria that need to be observed, such as:
- The first consideration is choosing the professional, as well as all other plastic surgery it should be performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, well-trained and a member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery (Sociedade Brasileira de Cirurgia Plástica) with mandatory training of 11 years.
- The abdominoplasty should be performed in a hospital environment in the presence of an anesthesiologist.
- There is no specific age to undergo abdominoplasty, but there is contraindication for women who still have the desire to become pregnant and restriction to some cases of patients who have already undergone other abdominal surgeries.
- Before surgery is critical for the abdominoplasty success that the patient has a BMI (Body Mass Index) close to ideal for his weight and height. In some cases, the patient is oriented to a nutritional follow-up prior to surgery in order to obtain long-lasting results. One should also have a clear purpose and within the real possibilities of the procedure.
- The durability of abdominoplasty depends on genetic factors, such as the tendency to sagging skin and musculature, lifestyle habits such as diet and physical exercise.
- Abdominoplasty does not correct stretch marks, unless they are located in the area below the navel that will be resected.
- The abdominoplasty may or may not be combined with liposuction of some areas with localized fat, but each case will be evaluated individually and the indication of this combination should be very careful and meticulous.
- After surgery the patient should drink lot of fluids and avoid activities or physical efforts during the first days.
- It is very important to associate liposuction with skin care and dermatological treatments.
So before you undergo abdominoplasty, it is important to discuss with the surgeon about your expectations regarding the outcome, in addition to pre and post-operative guidelines. Contact the PERFACE Institute staff and request an evaluation.
Your body shows your beauty and confidence. Reveal yourself!