Blepharoplasty is the eyelid surgery, which aims to restore the natural appearance around the eyes, giving the face a more rested appearance.
This plastic surgery is used to treat:
- Excess skin on the upper eyelids that may cause skin to fold, damaging the contour of the eye and giving the look a bloated aspect. In some cases, this excess skin can make it difficult to wear makeup and at other times, it is more expressive and there may be a loss in the field of vision and difficulty to open the eyes properly;
- Protrusion of fat deposits that can cause small bulges on the upper eyelids or fat bags in the lower ones. With the advancing age, facial tissues will become more flaccid and fat bags that we have on the eyelids end up getting more prominent giving a tired appearance to the look.
- Fall of the lower eyelids. The sagging of the lower eyelid, which damages the outline of it, generates an aspect of “fall” of the eyelid, showing the white portion of the eye below the iris. In some cases, this sagging also undermines the ability to properly close the eyelids and therefore compromises the eye protection.
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles in the lower eyelids.
These conditions are the result of natural aging process or heredity but when you want to perform blepharoplasty there are several criteria that must be taken into consideration, such as:
- The first consideration is choosing the professional, as well as all other plastic surgery it should be performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, well-trained and a member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery (Sociedade Brasileira de Cirurgia Plástica) with mandatory training of 11 years.
- The otoplasty should be performed in a hospital environment in the presence of an anesthesiologist.
- There is no specific age to have a blepharoplasty, it depends on genetic factors and the aging process of each individual. There are also other factors such as lifestyle, smoking, sun exposure, skin care that can influence the decision to have surgery as its success after having it done.
- There is no way to predict how long the results will last, because it is something very personal and depends on genetics, aging and life habits of the patient, but blepharoplasty results are generally very durable.
- It is very important to associate blepharoplasty with skin care and dermatological treatments.
- The blepharoplasty can be combined with other surgical procedures on the face, as rhytidoplasty and fat grafting (filling grooves and redistributing face volume with fat).
- You should also pay attention to all the necessary indications for surgery, as well as information about the postoperative period.
So before undergo a blepharoplasty, it is important to discuss with the surgeon about all your expectations regarding the outcome.
Reveal your beauty and confidence even at your look. After all, sometimes a look show what words can not say.