Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which aims to improve both the aesthetic and functional aspect of the nose. Among the possibilities to consider this type of surgery are: correction of nose size that are not in proportion to the rest of your face, nasal width, nasal profile, the nose tip, correction of the nostrils and nasal asymmetry in addition to functional breathing problems.
These characteristics are generally hereditary or in some cases also due to trauma. In some situations the nose features are not the only factors that contribute to the facial imbalance. In these cases, to combine other surgeries with rhinoplasty may be necessary to achieve a better result. To undergo a rhinoplasty, you should consider and be aware of the following criteria:
- The first consideration is choosing the professional, as well as all other plastic surgery it should be performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, well-trained and a member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery with mandatory training of 11 years.
- The rhinoplasty should be performed in a hospital environment in the presence of an anesthesiologist.
- Only patients who have fully developed face structures, which occurs around the age of 15, can undergo rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoplasty is best suited for non-smokers.
- Preoperative exams may be necessary to evaluate the nasal structure such as computed tomography, nasofibroscopy and x-ray.
- Rhinoplasty can be combined with other surgical procedures such as nasal septum correction and turbinectomy or other plastic surgeries such as blepharoplasty.
- When there is previous respiratory difficulty, usually the cause is obstructive and the correction of this problem may or may not be performed together with the rhinoplasty.
- After surgery during the first seven days the patient should avoid solid foods, keep absolute rest and for the first fifteen days should keep the bandages on and moderate rest. In addition, the patient must sleep with the head elevated during the first seven days.
So before you undergo rhinoplasty, it is important to discuss with the surgeon about your expectations regarding the outcome, in addition to pre and post-operative guidelines. Contact the PERFACE Institute staff and request an evaluation.
Your body shows your beauty and confidence. Reveal yourself!